20 Real Fun Facts About Dogs
Please share this post via our social media buttons, this helps ensure we can continue to provide you interesting online material & products.
20 Countdown of fun dog facts
- A dog's nose pattern is as unique as a human's fingerprint.
- Dogs can only sweat through the pads on their feet.
- A dog's sense of smell is 100,000 times stronger compare to humans.
- Dog's only have 1,700 taste buds compared to humans who have 9,000.
- It has been proven dogs can smell certain types of cancer.
- The oldest recorded dog was Bluey who lived to be 29 years and 5 months old.
- Greyhounds can run up to 45 miles / 72 km per hour making them the fastest dog breed on the planet.
- 1 in 3 american families own a pet dog.
- 45% of dogs sleep in their owners beds
- The average dog is as intelligent as a 2 year old kid and can remember 200 words or phrases while counting up to 5.
- Humans have kept dogs as pets for over 12,000 years
- Dogs have three eyelids; 1 upper eyelid, 1 lower eyelid and a third eyelid that moisturises and protects the eye.
- A dog's heart beats 50 times faster than the average humans
- There are more than a dozen muscles in a dogs ear to control movement.
- The twitching and paw movement during sleep is a sign of dreaming and mimics the (REM) Rapid eye movement shown by humans.
- Dogs eyes contain a special membrane called tapetum lucidum which allows them to see in the dark.
- A dog's nose has a layer of mucus that helps absorb scents.
- Dogs use the scent glands on their paws to mark their spot after going toilet.
- Dogs are the oldest domesticated species.
- The maximum sentence for beating your dog in South Carolina is longer than the sentence for beating your wife.
Know a fact that isn't listed above? Share with us in the comments below, we would love to hear from you.
Find more fun dog facts on the below links
BuzzFeed Fun Dog Facts Rover Dog Facts Factretriever Dog Facts